Monday, February 22, 2010

Tiger Woods returning to Buddhism


from: baldeagle

Subject: Re: Lau Hor Cha (Tiger Wood).... on returning to Buddhism.. He has found the path to happiness again.

On Feb 21, 1:08 am, "Alexx" wrote:

> He should be a golfing monk for 1 year and meditate while playing golf at
> the temple compound.
>

You mock Tiger Wood. ...because you don't know
Buddhism.

He sought happiness ...by giving in to his lust and
his greed...and he found grief instead.
In his moment of pain and suffering, he remembered
what his mother taught him as a kid...about the teaching
of Buddha.

By returning to Buddha's teaching, he will not give in to
his lust, his greed, his cravings...the root causes of all
human unhappiness.

Tiger Wood has returned to the path..leading to true happiness.
---------------------------------------------------

PONTE VEDRA BEACH - TIGER Woods believes the Buddhist precepts he learned from his Thai mother, Kultida, will help him right a life derailed by his now infamous infidelities.

'I have a lot of work to do, and I intend to dedicate myself to doing it,' Woods said on Friday in his first public remarks since sordid revelations of his extramarital affairs surfaced in November.

'Part of following this path for me is Buddhism, which my mother taught me at a young age.

'People probably don't realize it, but I was raised a Buddhist and actively practiced my faith from childhood until I drifted away from it in recent years.'

'Buddhism teaches that a craving for things outside ourselves causes an unhappy and pointless search for security. It teaches me to stop following every impulse and to learn restraint. Obviously I lost track of what I was taught,' Woods said.

His mother was in the small audience at the TPC Sawgrass as Woods delivered his remarks, which were televised to a global audience of millions. She got a long hug from her son after he spoke, and later said she believed Buddhist tenets could help the superstar golfer put his life back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment